Kesari Khoya Phirni - Kesarisaffron
Kesari Khoya Phirni is one of the most delicious dessert recipe made with rice, saffron ,khoya and milk. Try this yummy recipe at home and let us know how it turned!
1 person made this
¼ Cup Rice
½ cup water
1 ½ Liters Milk
1 tsp. Ghee
¼ Cup Sugar
20-25 Strands Kesari Saffron
¼ Cup Khoya, grated
1 ½ tsp. Cardamom Powder
Crushed Almonds, for garnish
Crushed Pistachio, for garnish
Dried Rose Petals, for garnish (Optional)
- Wash rice. In a bowl, soak the rice in water for one hour
- Strain it and grind the soaked rice to a coarse paste.
- In a pan, heat ghee and add the cloves. Then add the milk slowly.
- Take a ladle full of milk and add saffron threads to it.
- Soak the saffron threads in the milk for about 6-8 minutes to release the flavor and color. Stir well.
- Bring the milk to boil. Now add the saffron infused milk along with the grinded rice and stir continuously.
- Cook on low flame. Then add sugar and mix well.
- Add the grated khoya and cardamom powder. Cook phirni until thick and take out in serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Garnish with almonds, Pistachios chopped and serve chilled.
See it on my blog
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 184.108.40.206