- Mix all the ingredients and keep ready for the rolling.
- Lightly beat the egg and season with salt and sugar.
- Add a few drops on a non-stick fry pan
- Break an egg and make a thin, soft omelet.
- Cook both sides, remove and keep aside.
- Break the cottage cheese into a mixing bowl, season with salt, ginger paste, vinegar and mix thoroughly till it becomes soft and pliable.
- You may add a little milk to provide some moisture for binding the mixture. Set aside.
- Clean the lettuce leaves.
- Cut the cucumber and baby corn into ½ inch thick, medium length pieces.
- For Indo-Japanese fusion sushi:
- Lay the omelet on a sushi mat (can be substituted with foil or wax paper).
- On the inside, lay the well dried lettuce leaf or leaves. The lettuce should cover the omelet completely.
- Spread the cottage cheese mixture evenly on the lettuce.
- Place a cucumber stick or two or baby corn strip at the bottom end of the cottage cheese spread.
- Gently lift the foil or wax paper to roll once, press firmly to bind and then roll right through to make a nice, long ‘sushi’ roll.
- Now for the cutting. Take a very sharp knife, dip the cutting edge in some water to avoid sticking and cut into neat, equal sized rolls.
-> Serve hot with ginger pickle and soy sauce dip.
-> Lettuce sushi is an excellent idea to pack a tasty and healthy lunch for your children. Made with leafy lettuce, cottage cheese, and egg, it contains good amount of vitamins, protein and iron. Add to this the magic of Hommade Ginger Paste for a healthy and wholesome supper for all.
See it on my blog
Lettuce Sushi Rolls Recipe