Taro Korma in Coconut milk
Taro Korma is a savory dish and surprises guests with its melt-in-mouth experience. It is a traditional dish in Bengal but not much common.
2 people made this
Taro slices 10 pcs
Finely chopped onion 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Condensed coconut milk 1 n 1/2 cup
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Red chilli powder less thsn 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying and cooking 2 tbsp + 1/2 cup
Green pepper slit 3
- Take the bottom part of taro for this dish. Peel and cut into 1n1/2 cm thick slices.
- Wash properly and keep on a strainer. Leave it for 30 minutes after marinating slices with salt and turmeric powder.
- After 30 minutes shallow fry taro slices in batches. For better result cover the pan while frying. Make sure slices don't turn brown.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan. Cook onions on a low heat until softens. Add ginger paste and cook for a while then add salt and chili powder too. Now add fried taro slices.
- After cooking for minutes pour coconut milk on pan. Let it be cooked covered until the sauce thickens. Once done garnish with green pepper and serve with steamed rice.
See it on my blog
My Cooking Diary/ আমিার রান্না ভাবনা
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
i just prepared the dish. It's damn delicious.
05 Nov 2017
User's IP: 184.108.40.206