Chirote | Chiroti Recipe
Learn how to make Chiroti in traditional Maharashtrian Style. Read Authentic Chirote Recipe from Maharashtrian Recipes here.
1 person made this
3/4 cup maida,3 tbsp. melted ghee,
1/4 cup rava, 2 tbsp. rice flour,
1 tbsp. hot ghee,Ghee for deep frying,
Pinch of salt,1 cup powdered sugar,
3-4 tsp water
- Mix maida and rava into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp. hot ghee, salt and mix well with spoon. Add water and knead dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes divide dough into a 6 equal portions.
- Now take 3 portions and keep remaining portion covered.
- Roll each portion in a thin roll like chapati.
- Mix melted ghee and rice flour and make medium consistency paste.
- Take a roll and spread ghee and rice flour mixture and place the second roll on it. Again spread the paste and cover with the 3rd roll. Spread some paste on top.
- Roll the two opposite sides and put one rolled portion on top of the other. Press and let it stay for few minutes. Now prepare another roll for remaining portions.
- When both the rolls become hard, cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Take a piece and gently flatten it slantwise and roll with a rolling pin. Make all the chirotes.
- Heat ghee for deep frying. Deep fry all chirotes.
- When chiroti cools down a bit, dip them into powdered sugar. Leave it for a minute.
- Keep each chirote separate.
- Serve them or once cool completely store them into airtight container.
See it on my blog
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124