3 people made this
About this recipe:
'Burek' is a widespread keema filled snack in the Balkans. I've eaten this in Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia and Bosnia - Turkey has got something similar too.
For the pastry
500g plain flour
25g butter, melted
For the filling
500g veal keema
225g beef keema
4 onions, minced
2 egg yolks
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Mix melted butter into the flour, salt and warm water to create a ball of dough. Cut it into 4 parts.
- To prepare the filling, warm the butter and mix it with the meat, onions, yolks and salt and pepper.
- Make a sheet of pastry out of a dough piece and lay it on your table, leaving it to dry for a few minutes.
- Brush the pastry with oil or melted butter, put one fourth of the filling on one side of the sheet and roll it until you get a long roll.
- Get an oven dish and lay the roll you have just got in the shape of a spiral, starting from the middle of the dish. Then, bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate