6 people made this
About this recipe:
Traditional English apple pud in just 30 mins!
4 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
50g self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
50g caster sugar
1 large egg
- In a large pot, stew the apple slices over low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until soft.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place stewed apples in the bottom of a oven proof baking dish.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar and egg together until smooth and creamy. Fold in the flour mixture. Pour on top of the stewed apples and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until well risen, firm and springy when you touch it! Dust with icing sugar and serve with custard or whipped cream.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate