1 / 2
2 / 2
9 people made this
About this recipe:
My version of the old-fashioned afternoon tea treat, but still delicious! By 'Pastry', I mean the kind you get your veggie or goat puffs in.
For the pastry
150g plain flour
6 tablespoons water
For the sponge
50g self-raising flour
50g caster sugar
strawberry or raspberry jam
6 tablespoons icing sugar
Cherries in syrup, halved
- For the pastry; Mix the flour and butter together in a large bowl and use your fingers to blend into crumbs.
- Add the water gradually and mix with a metal spoon.
- On a floured surface knead it into a dough.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin, then cut out circles using a scone cutter.
- Put the circles in a oven tray, moulding them to the cup shape.
- For the sponge; Put the flour, caster sugar, butter and egg in a mixing bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- Put a teaspoon of jam in each pastry shell, then put 2 tablespoons of the sponge mixture on top.
- Put in the oven preheated to 180 C until the sponge is golden brown and springy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool. Mix 6 tbsp icing sugar with enough water to make a spreadable icing. Spread evenly to cover the top of each tart, topping with half a cherry.
- Leave to set before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate