1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 kg fish fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- ¼ cup plain flour (maida)
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carum seed)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 pinches soda bicarbonate
- About 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Chat masala and lemon wedges for garnish
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Wash and dry the fish. Rub all over with salt and turmeric powder. Set aside.
- To make the batter, mix all the batter ingredients. Add water at the end. You want a little thick, but smooth batter. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Dip each fillet in batter and swirl to coat. Deep fry in batches till golden brown. Make sure oil is not overheated otherwise the fish will not cook inside. Take fish out of oil and drain excess oil on some paper. To serve, lay out all the fish on a large serving dish. Sprinkle with chat masala and arrange lemon wedges on the side. Best served immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!