1 / 1 Photo by:
- 8 slices white bread, crust removed
- 2 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- 1/8 cup pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 400 ml whole milk
- 100 ml condensed milk (Milkmaid)
- 1 pinch saffron
- 150 gms sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Few drops of Kewra essence (optional)
Prep:5min › Cook:45min › Ready in:50min
- 1. Cut each slice of bread into 4 triangles. Fry the bread in hot oil. Keep on paper napkins to soak extra oil. Fry nuts in the oil. Set aside for later.
- Pour whole milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Boil till it reduces by half. Add condensed milk. Add saffron, sugar and cardamom powder. Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes and set aside to cool. Add Kewra essence.
- 3. Arrange bread slices in a shallow serving dish in one layer. Pour milk on top. Chop nuts roughly into small pieces. Sprinkle over bread. Chill the shahi tukra for 1-2 hours. Serve cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!