1 / 1 Photo by: GRANOLAGIRLTOO
Moong Dal With Spinach
- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- 1 large bunch (15 – 20 leaves) fresh spinach leaves, roughly shredded
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green chillis, slit in halves
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard (rai) seeds
- 2 dry red chillis, broken in thirds
- 6 curry leaves (kadipatta)
- One pinch asafoetida (hing) powder
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- 1. Boil moong dal and spinach with turmeric, salt, ginger, green chillis in 4 cups water till dal is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in a small frying pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chillis, curry leaves, and asafoetida powder. Pour this mixture into the cooked dal. Cook 5 minutes and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!