1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes
Honey Wheat Bread
Serves : 24
- 450ml warm water
- 1 tablespoon dried active baking yeast
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 225g whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 625g plain flour
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, and stir well. Mix in flour, salt and vegetable oil. Work plain flour in gradually.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes. When dough is smooth and elastic, place it in a well oiled bowl. Turn it several times in the bowl to coat the surface of the dough, and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Punch down the dough. Shape into two loaves, and place into two well greased 23x12cm (9x5 in) loaf tins. Allow to rise until dough is about 2cm above pans. Bake at 190 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!