1 / 1 Photo by:
- ½ kg potatoes
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 sticks of cinnamon (dalcini)
- 1 black cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 4 cloves (lavang)
- 2 bay leaves (tejpatta)
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 6 green chillies, slit in halves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup whole milk curd
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Masala to grind
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 1 cup grated coconut (fresh or dry)
- 2 tablespoons cashewnuts
Prep:25min › Cook:30min › Ready in:55min
- Boil potatoes till they are tender but not falling apart. Peel and cut into large wedges.
- Grind the poppy seeds, coconut, and cashewnuts.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan/ or kadhai. Fry the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, and peppercorns. Add the green chillies and fry for a minute. Add the tomatoes and salt. Cook till oil starts to separate.
- Add the potatoes and fry for 5 – 10 minutes. Now, on low flame, add the curd and some water if needed. Simmer for 10 minutes. Do not boil or the curd will break. Add chopped coriander for garnish and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!