1 / 1 Photo by: My_kitchen
- 3/4 kg chicken
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - diced
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons corriander powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon redchili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala/ chicken masala
- 450ml water
- 1/4 cup chopped corriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon Sour curd
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 green chilies, cut into big pieces
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (first milk)
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:2hr marinating › Ready in:2hr35min
- Cut chicken into pieces of desired size and rinse well.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. Set aside. Grind poppy seeds into a paste.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add cumin, ginger garlic paste and 1 cup onions . Saute ontil onion starts browning. Now,add corriander powder, redchili, turmeric powder and garam masala. Roast all for a minute and let cool. Transfer this mixture to a blender/mixer and blend well.
- In a large frying pan, sauté onions and green chillies in oil until golden brown. Add ginger and garlic and continue to sauté. Add poppy seed paste and reserved chicken pieces, continuing to sauté. Stir all together; after chicken is well mixed with the sauce, add the cayenne pepper and pour water over the mixture. Cover frying pan and let simmer about 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add this mixture, corriander leaves and curd to the chicken pieces and marinate for 2 hours
- After chicken is 'well-boiled' (the oil should be floating on top of the frying pan liquid), add the garam masala and turmeric powder and turn off the heat. Stir all together and serve.
- Heat 1 table spoon oil in a deep pan, add onions and green chilies and saute well. Now, transfer the marinated chicken pieces to it, add water and salt. Cook until done. Now, stir in coconut milk and turn off the flame as soon as it starts boiling.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!