1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes
- 1 banana or other fruit of choice sliced
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- sunflower oil for frying
- Honey or sweet cream to serve to taste
Prep:1min › Cook:2min › Ready in:3min
- Roughly slice the banana. Tip the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Make a well into the centre and crack in the egg, then gradually mix the egg into the flour, adding the milk gradually to make a soft batter.
- Stir in sliced banana. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the batter in heaped tablespoonsful, well apart to allow them to spread. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over and cook until light golden.
- Cook all the pancakes and keep them warm. Serve 2-3 pancakes with a spoonful of honey or a little cream poured over.
- Other fruit combos that work well in this batter include a small, chopped mango and the grated rind of a lime (omit the cinnamon); or replace the fresh fruit with 100g/4oz ready-to eat dried fruit such as chopped apricot and cherries. Replace the honey with a good scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!