1 / 1 Photo by:
Punjabi Sukha Urad Dal
- 1 cup urad dal (split black lentils with skin)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 green chillies, cut into large pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small piece ginger, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
Prep:10min › Cook:45min › Extra time:4hr soaking › Ready in:4hr55min
- Soak urad dal for 4 hours.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Fry turmeric, green chillis, ginger, garlic and onions till golden brown.
- Drain the urad dal, and add the dal to the fry. Add salt and 1 cup water. Cook on low heat till dal is half cooked. Now add chopped tomatoes and garam masala. Add a little more water if dal is too thick. Cook till dal is completely cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!