1 / 1 Photo by:
- 2 cups ragi (millet) flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup plain curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 green chillies, chopped into thin rings
Prep:35min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr5min
- Mix ragi flour, rice flour, curd and salt with water to make a thin pourable batter. Set aside for 30 minutes. Add onions, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, ginger and green chillies to the batter.
- To make the dosas, heat a tawa (or flat griddle). Ladle the batter on one corner of the tawa and spread into a thin circle by lifting and rotating the tawa, causing the batter to spread. This type of dosa is difficult to spread using a ladle as it has a tendency to tear easily. Gently grease with oil on the edges and the middle. Cook for a few minutes and flip over to the other side. Cook a few more minutes, transfer to a plate and serve immediately. Dosas are best eaten hot and crispy right off the tawa.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!