Rajasthani besan ki mirch
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons besan
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 taspoon amchoor powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon sauf
- salt to taste
- 4-6 long and thick green chillies (cut lengthwise in half, seeds removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan and roast the besan on medium heat until it's light pink in color. When it cools down a little add all the dry masala to it.
- Stuff besan masala into the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to it. When the seeds start to crackle, add the stuffed green chillies to the pan. Cook on low heat till green chillies are soft and tender.
Make in advance
You can make the besan masala in advance and store it in the fridge for over a month. Just heat it up a bit before use.
Thanks for the recipe...i am searching the method for quite long time after i tasted from one of my friend's house... - 02 Jul 2011