- 4 cups thin poha/atukulu
- 2 green chilis/1/2 jalapeno
- 3 red chilis
- 3 tbsp cashew (raw and broken)
- 5 tbsp peanuts (raw)
- 5 tbsp dalia/putnalu
- 2 sprigs curry leaves (broken/chopped into pieces)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil/anyother oil you fancy
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Put the pan on medium-high heat. Add the oil.
- Add the peanuts to the oil and stir so they move around in the oil. After a minute or so, add the green chilis, red chilis and cashews (in that order) and move them around too until the nuts are golden brown.
- Then add the curry leaves, the turmeric powder and stir.
- After the curry leaves splutter, add the dalia or putnalu and stir again.
- Now, reduce the heat to low and add the poha, a cup at a time, stirring so all the poha pieces are coated with the turmeric and the oil. Keep stirring and keep adding the poha.
- After all the poha is added, keep on low for another 5-8 min stirring in between.
- Taste to see if the salt is enough. If not, add more salt as you please.
- Let it cool and serve.
See it on my blog
Altered ingredient amounts. wonderful!! - 17 Jun 2010
I followed this recipe, the seasonings were good but the poha turned out really, really crunchy. A South Indian friend told me to soak the poha in water for 5 minutes before cooking it. I'll try that next time. - 12 Apr 2010