1 / 1 Photo by:
Spanish-style Pasta in Tomato Broth
Serves : 4
- 500 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic, peeled
- 150 g onions, chopped
- A strip of orange zest, about 2 inches long
- 2 bay leaves and 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, tied together
- 10-12 strands saffron
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- A pinch of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 225 g vermicelli, broken into pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- To garnish: sprigs of fresh basil
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Put the tomatoes, garlic, onions, orange zest, herbs, saffron, stock and sugar into a pan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Discard the herbs and zest, then purée the broth in a mixie.
- Return the purée to the pan and stir in the oil, vermicelli, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to another boil then simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked and the broth has thickened. Season to taste and serve, garnished with basil.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!