This scrumptous spicy chicken recipe goes well with rice or roti. It is a little rich so I make it for my dinner parties and is well liked by all!
Pennsylvania, United States
3 people made this
6 lbs boneless chicken breast cut into cubes
3 large onions chopped finely
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cardamom pods
2 bay leaves
2 large garlic cloves minced
3 inch ginger minced
5 tsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp garam masala
11/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 whole dry red peppers
2 tsp cumin seeds
3 tsp coriander powder
1 cup yoghurt
1 cup water
21 oz crushed tomatoes or 3 tomatoes chopped
6 cashews crushed into powder
6 almonds crushed into powder
2 sprigs coriander leaves
salt to taste
- Saute the first 8 ingredients in oil for 5 mins till onions are golden brown.
- Add the masalas ((except for nuts) and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the yoghurt and let it simmer for 3 mins
- Add the almonds and cashew into the above mixture and let it simmer for 3 mins.
- Place the chicken into a pressure cooker and add the above curry to it with water and salt.
- Let it cook in the pressure cooker for 20 mins.
- Add 2 tbsps of butter to the cooked chicken and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Make it healthier
You can make it healthier by not adding butter or nuts to your dish.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11