1 / 1 Photo by:
- 2 cups Atta
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon whole garam masala
- 1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons curd
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 4 teaspoons dhaniya powder
- salt to taste
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Take atta in a bowl and make a loose dough by adding water as needed. Keep it aside for 1/2 hour. Knead dough 3-4 times so that it becomes loose and fluffy.
- Transfer the dough into a fine sieve. Place the sieve under running water and start stretching the dough with your hands until all the dough looks stretched. spread out the stretched dough on a plate or cutting board. Cut into pieces and deep fry it to make the chakki.
- Heat oil in a pan,add garam masala and cook for a few seconds. Add onion and garlic and cook for another minute. Add curd and dry masala to it the pan and mix.
- Cook till the oil separates, then add one cup of water. Once it comes to a boil, add the fried chakki pieces to it. Enjoy a unique delicacy.
Make in advance
I usually make the chakki in advance - usually a day ahead.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!