1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 cup yellow moong dal (soaked and ground to a paste)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon almonds (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
Prep:5min › Cook:25min › Extra time:30min soaking › Ready in:1hr
- Heat ghee in a pan, add moong dal paste and cook on medium heat till it turns light pink.
- In a seprate pan, dissolve sugar in hot water and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar syrup to the moong dal; mix it well. Add cardamom and stir it into the halwa. Garnish it with almonds and serve hot!
To avoid moong dal sticking to the pan, start with half the quantity of ghee and keep adding one tablespoon to the pan while cooking.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!