1 / 1 Photo by: My_kitchen
Serves : 4
- 1/4 cup Toor dal
- 4 teaspoons Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup Coriander seeds
- 4 Dry Red chili
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 2 medium onions cut into big pieces
- 2 Brinjals cut into big pieces
- 6 Okra/ Ladies finger cut into big pieces
- 1 Potato cut into big pieces
- 2 drumsticks cut into big pieces
- 2 1/4 cups Water
- 3 Medium Tomatoes cut into big pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon Thick tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 6-7 curry leaves
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Pressure cook toor dal.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan. Add coriander seeds, red chilies and coconut. Sauté till a fine spicy aroma starts coming and coriander gets roasted. Let cool and then transfer this mixture to a mixer and grind well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a deep pan and sauté onion, brinjal, okra, potato and drumstick. Now add water, tomatoes and toor dal and mix well and let boil so that the vegetables are well cooked. Then add the ground coconut –coriander paste, tamarind paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder and asafetida and keep heating to boil.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let splutter. Now add curry leaves and pour this on to the cooked sambar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!