Fish and Tamarind Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 baby onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red dried crushed chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1.4L water
- 6 stalks lemon grass, ground
- 4 tablespoons tamarind juice
- salt to taste
- 900g fish fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Mix in onions, garlic, crushed chillies and turmeric. Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Pour water into frying pan, and mix in lemon grass and tamarind juice. Season with salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir fish into boiling mixture. Cook 10 minutes, or until fish pieces are easily flaked with a fork.
Loved it. Fresh, tangy, easy to make. I'm SO making it again - 18 May 2010
Altered ingredient amounts. I didn't have lemon grass, so I used lemon juice and tamarind. I also doubled the red chillies. - 18 May 2010