1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes
Serves : 2
- 1 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp haldi
- 2 tsp tomato puree or half tomato, chopped
- 3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups methi leaves
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Juice of half lemon to sprinkle on top
- Coriander leaves for garnish
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- In a shallow pan or kadahi, heat ghee over medium heat. Add jeera. When it crackles, add haldi. Add tomato. If using puree, dilute in 1 tsp of water. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cook on medium to low heat for 10 minutes, till they get soft. Add methi leaves. Cook for another 5 minutes, till methi leaves wilt. Put in a tbsp of water. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, till methi starts smelling fragrant. Add salt.
- Mix aloo and methi well. Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with coriander.
I love the bitter, tangy aloo methi with green chilly raita.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!