1 / 1 Photo by: Rajlakshmi.S
- 1 cup yellow gram (chana) dal
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill leaves finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 cup oil to deep fry
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Extra time:3hr soaking › Ready in:3hr40min
- Wash and soak dal for 3 hours. Keep 2 tbsp. dal aside, grind the rest, coarsely. Mix all other ingredients, including whole dal.
- Add 2-3 tbsp hot oil to the mixture. In a kadhai, heat oil for deep frying. Moisten your palm and make a small round shape with a hole in the middle, just like a doughnut. Slide carefully into the hot oil. Fry on one side then the other side till golden brown. Serve hot with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!