1 / 1 Photo by: piku
- 1.5kg baby goat (leg portion) cut into small cube like pieces
- Salt to taste
- 3 teaspoons holud powder (turmeric powder)
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 3 medium onions sliced
- 4-5 pods garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger strip minced
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 5 tablespoons oil
- ¾ th teaspoon dry red chlli powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
Prep:10min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr
- Wash the goat meat well, dry and rub salt and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Set aside for 10 minutes. Peel 3 medium potatoes wash and cut each of them into halves. Salt them and set aside for 5 minutes. Cut 3 medium onions, 4-5 pods of garlic and an inch long ginger strip. Mince the garlic and ginger, cut the onions to thin slices. Cut two small tomatoes and 1 or 2 green chilies.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker, put ½ teaspoon of sugar and let it caramelize. As it browns, put the potatoes in and fry them till they get a golden hue. Take them out.
- Add cardamom, cloves and a ½ inch cinnamon stick. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Stir till it is soft and gets golden color. Then add tomatoes. Put remaining turmeric powder and dry red chili powder. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. Add some salt. Add goat meat. Stir for 10-15 minutes to let it blend well with spices. Pour in two cups of water (enough to cover the goat meat). Cover and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the gas, let the steam release by itself, and then open the lid and check the salt. Add rest of the sugar. Prick the goat meat with a fork to see if it is done. Put the fried potatoes back in the pressure cooker with the goat meat. Add ½ cup water and cook it upto two whistles. Switch off the gas; let the steam release check the salt again and transfer goat meat to the serving container. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with rice or hot chapattis
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!