1 / 1 Photo by:
- 2 brinjals
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups besan flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A pinch of hing (aesofetida)
- A pich of ginger powder (optional)
- 2 cups oil
- 3-4 teaspoons cumin seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Cut brinjal either into longitudinal thin slices or thin rounds. Salt to taste. May or may not add a pinch of sugar. Set aside.
- Make a batter of 2 cups besan. Start to add water little at a time to make a smooth and thick batter. Use as much as you need. Add salt, red chili powder, pinch of turmeric powder, pinch of hing. May add some ginger powder if you have some.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer. Coat the brinjal slices in batter. Let the oil be really hot. Slowly release the coated brinjal in oil. Fry till each side is golden brown. Place it on a towel to let the excess oil be soaked. Sprinkle some chaat masala on top for the street food kind of taste. Also may sprinkle some dry roasted jeera masala.
- To make jeera masala take a few teaspoons of cumin seeds and roast them on stove top. After done grind it in blender. Sprinle it on the beguni before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!