1 / 1 Photo by: piku
Kewra Joler Mangsho (Pink Chicken with Kewra Water)
piku California, United States
- 1 kg chicken
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbspn plain yogurt
- 2 tspn kashmiri mirch masala
- 1/2 cup kewra water
- 3 medium onions
- 3 tbspn oil
- 2 green chilies
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Extra time:8hr marinating › Ready in:8hr45min
- Cut chicken into small pieces. Wash well. Dry and salt. Add plain yogurt, kashmiri mirch masala and 1/4th cup of kewra water. Marinate overnight.
- Cut onion into thin slices. Add oil to a skillet. Add onion, keep stirring so that it does not burn. When onion becomes soft, pour in the marinated chicken with the liquid. Stir for 2 minutes. Cover and cook on low flame.
- Check the chicken to see if it is cooked or not. Adjust salt. Add splash of kewra water for the final touch. Add 2 green chilies and cover for a couple of minutes to let the chicken absorb the flavor.
- When the chicken is soft and fully cooked switch off the gas. Take it off the heat. Serve it with pulao.
Is the picture shown here of the dish ? I can see potatoes hoever the same not mentioned in the ingredients - 02 Aug 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!