1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes
- 75g uncooked white rice
- 2 litres semi-skimmed milk
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 pods cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped almonds
Prep:1hr › Cook:1hr10min › Ready in:2hr10min
- Place the rice in a small bowl and cover with water. Soak for one hour.
- Drain the rice and place it in a large, heavy pan with the milk over low heat. Cook, covered 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in sugar and cardamom and cook 20 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rose water. Serve topped with almonds.
I woke up early today and made this- my very first kheer! Happy Janmashtmi! - 02 Sep 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!