456 people made this
About this recipe:
Lebanon has given us this incredible, tangy, roasted brinjal dip! Delicious with veggies, pita bread and houmous as part of a meze platter, or - of course - on it's own!
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons tahini (1/2 cup sesame seeds crushed with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. 3 cloves garlic and 1/4 cup lemon juice optional)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place brinjal on baking tray, and pierce holes in the skin with a fork. Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until soft.
- Remove brinjal from oven, and place into a large bowl of cold water. Remove from water, and peel skin off.
- Place brinjal, lemon juice, tahini, sesame seeds and garlic in a mixie, and purée. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a medium size mixing bowl, and slowly mix in olive oil. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate