1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes
Banana Wheat Bread
Serves : 12
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100g honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 340g mashed bananas
- 255g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons wheatgerm
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 60g chopped walnuts
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr10min
- Grease a 23x12cm (9x5 in) loaf tin. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine oil, honey, eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, wheatgerm, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Make a well in dry ingredients, and add the banana mixture. Mix together until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour in preheated oven. Test for doneness, and cool on wire rack.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!