1 / 1 Photo by:
Chinese Chicken Hakka
- 675g skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 140g caster sugar
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 175ml mirin (Japanese sweet wine) or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 225g tin bamboo shoots
- 225g mushrooms, sliced
- 30g watercress, coarsely chopped
- 250g rice noodles, soaked and cut into 5cm (2 in) pieces
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce and mirin wine or stock. Mix well, and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Squeeze juice from grated ginger into pan, then add grated ginger and stir-fry until brown. Increase heat to high, and stir in chicken. Season with soy sauce mixture, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- One at a time add the carrots, onions, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and watercress. Stir after each addition. Add rice noodles; cook, stirring, for about 3 more minutes, or until done.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!