1 / 1 Photo by: manju
Serves : 6
- 1 lb red kidney beans
- 2 inch fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp heeng
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:30min preserving › Ready in:1hr
- Soak the kidney beans overnight.
- Boil the rajma in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes (2 whistles) with the turmeric powder and salt.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes and saute in oil with the minced ginger, garlic and cumin seeds.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, heeng and red chili powder and let it simmer for for two minutes.
- Add the rajma, add two tsp of curd and let it boil for five minutes.
- Add fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!