1 / 1 Photo by:
Radhika's Aloo Paratha
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp mirchi flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Prep:30min › Cook:15min › Ready in:45min
- Combine the mashed potatoes, salt, mirchi, turmeric, dhania and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a bowl and mix well. Add the whole wheat flour a little at a time, kneading the mixture until it forms a stiff but pliable dough. (If the dough becomes too stiff, add a few drops of water.) Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, turning to coat; cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a nonstick pan or tawa to medium heat.
- Divide the dough into lemon-sized portions and roll them out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Fry the chapatis using up to 1 teaspoon of oil for each side. Cook until both sides become a rich golden colour. Brush with melted butter and serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!