Extra time:4hr chilling ›
- Grease the cake tin with butter or vegetable oil and dust it wil maida powder. You can also line the cake tin with Baking paper.
- De-seed the cherries and let it strain so that most of the liquid is strained out.
- Whip the cream so that the volume doubles and it forma stiff peaks. If the cream is unsweetened, you can add a tablespoon of powdered sugar. I used Whipped cream Powder with a quarter cup of chilled water to whip the cream. Refrigerate the whipped cream for a minimum of 2 hours.
- While beating add powdered sugar little by little and also add Vanilla Essence
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. Add the yolks and beat again so that the mixture a light pale yellow color.
- Sieve Maida, Cocoa Powder, Baking powder and then fold it into the beaten egg mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin and bake it at a temperature of 150degree C for 20-25 min.
- Check the cake if its done by inserting a toothpick and when pulled out, the surface should be clean.
- Once the cake is Baked, remove it from the over and let it cool. You can refrigerate the cake so that it becomes a little firm helping you to cut the cake.
- cut the cake into 2 halves and soak the lower half of the cake in the cherry syrup mixed with brandy.
- Apply the whipped cream of 1 cm on the top portion of the soaked half of the cake. Cover the top of the cream with cherries.
- Place the other half of the cake and gently [ress it down so that the cherries press into the whipped cream.
- Pour the remaining cherry syrup + brandy mixture onto the top half of the cake so that it gets soaked completely.
- Cover the whole cake with the remaining whipped cream. Decorate with grated chocolate and cherries
- Refriegerate it and serve it chilled.........
If you want to prepare Pine apple pastry, do not add cocoa powder. Instead Add same amount of Maida or all purpose flour..
Insteady of brandy, You can use Black forest liquor which I could not buy here since i could not find it anywhere in Mysore.