- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil or ghee
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 green chillies chopped
- Salt as needed
Prep:30min › Cook:15min › Ready in:45min
- Boil the potatoes, and set aside for cooling.
- Peel the skin of the potatoes, and smash the potatoes in a bowl.
- When the potatoes are smashed, pour in a the mustard oil or ghee and mix again.
- Sprinkle the onion slices, chopped green chillies and salt. Mix well until a smooth paste forms.
Toasted dry red chillies can be used instead of green chillies-the taste will be quite different as red chillies have a distinct form of spiciness.
Use next day
The left over of the Aloo bhorta can be used to make Aloo Poori.