1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1/2 kg raw dumur
- hot boiling water as needed
- 1 coconut
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- salt as needed
- 6-7 green chillies, cut in half along the length
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Cut the dumur into thin slices and place on a sieve.
- Pour in hot boiling water on the sliced dumur on the sieve and wash well. Set aside so that the water filters out.
- Meanwhile, grate the coconut flesh out. Place the grated coconut on a sieve and pour in 250 liters of boiling water slowly and collect the coconut milk on a bowl or a pot. Constantly stir and press the grated coconut with a spoon so that all the coconut milk is collected, as much as possible.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion slices.
- Pour the coconut milk when the onions turn slightly golden. When the coconut milk starts to bubble, add the dumur slices, salt and green chillies.
- Stir and allow the dumur to cook until the coconut milk dries up, the oil starts to simmer and float on top.
- Now sprinkle the sugar on top.
Serve with plain white rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!