1 / 1 Photo by: akshu-cooks
- 1 cup tuvar dal
- 1cup moong dal
- half cup chana dal ( optional)
- 1/4 cup groundnuts
- 2cups medium sized tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup medium sized finely chopped onions
- a bunch finely chopped coriander
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic crushed/ finely chopped
- 1 - 2 tspn tumeric powder
- 1-2 tspn cumin seeds( jeera)
- 2 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn garam masala powder
- 1 tspn kasoori meethi
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsn refined oil/ghee/ butter as per liking
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Wash all the dals together and put in cooker along all other ingriedents and tumeric powder and salt and a teaspoonsful oil/butter/ghee.
- Don add the remaining masalas now. Add sufficient water and cook till dals are tender.
- Dissolve the garam masala and the coriander powder in water and add it to dal.
- Now in a small fry pan heat some oil/butter/ghee and after its heated add jeera and let it splutter and add this tempering to dal.
- Finally crush the kasoori meethi and simmer for a while and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis, simple rice or jeera rice.
well u can even add cashew nuts for that extra crunch.
soaking and keeping dals while chopping the ingredients will reduce the cooking time.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!