1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is the Indian style version of French Toast. It is simple, spicy and is usually made for breakfast. It is served with ketchup and/or scrambled eggs.
2 bread pieces
2 eggs, beaten well
2 tablespoons of onion slices
2 green chilies
1 tablespoon of cheese cubes
salt as needed
Pinch of black pepper powder
2 tablespoons of thinly sliced cabbage
1 cup of vegetable oil for deep frying
- Cut each bread piece into 4 small squares
- On a bowl mix the beaten egg, sliced onions and green chilies, cheese cubes, salt, black pepper powder and cabbage slices.
- Heat a deep frying pan with oil.
- Dip each of the bread squares in the egg mixture and deep fry until the bread squares turn brown
- Place the fried bread squares on a tissue paper or paper towel so that the excess oil can be soaked up.
- Serve with ketchup or chili sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate