Mango pickles are a great accompaniment to any curry in Bengali cuisine. This recipe is very simple and makes a sweet, sour and spicy pickle. It is great when served with dal and rice. Enjoy!
16 people made this
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 raw mangoes, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon of ginger slices
1 tablespoon of garlic slices
1 tablespoon of dry red chili slices
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of mustard oil
1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Mix the salt with the mango pieces and set aside for 3-4 hours until water is released.
- Place the mangoes on a cloth. Wring the mangoes with the cloth so that the water is squeezed out.
- Put the mango slices on a bowl. Mix the ginger, garlic and dry red chili slices with the mango slices. Sprinkle the sugar and add the mustard oil and vinegar and mix well.
- Pour this mixture in a pickle jar and set near a window for sun drying for 4-6 days.
- It should be always kept by a window even after it is served.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
mango pickle recipe
24 Aug 2017
User's IP: 126.96.36.199