Flattened rice and Fish Murighonto (Chira diye macher murighonto)
This is a unique combination of flattened rice and fish hear. It is a bit spicy, and is served as a main dish.
2 people made this
1 medium sized rui fish head
Salt as needed
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 potatoes, sliced
1/2 tablespoon of onion slices
2 teaspoon of onion paste
1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste
Water as needed
1 handful of toasted chira (flattened rice)
1 teaspoon of ghee
Just a pinch of garam masala powder
- Mix the fish head with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry the fish head. Transfer the fried fish head on to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the potato and onion slices, onion, ginger and garlic pastes and salt. Also add a bit of water. Cook until the water dries up and the oil starts to simmer on top.
- Now add the fried fish head to the spice mixture with a bit of water. Cook until the water dries up and the oil starts to simmer on top.
- Sprinkle the flattened rice. Stir and put the lid on. Cook on low heat.
- Stir in ghee and garam masala powder right before the dish is served.
- Serve with plain rice.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 188.8.131.52