1 / 1 Photo by: Jannatul_Nahar
- 1 cup boot dal, soaked for a few hours.
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 kg korolla (bitter gourd)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3-4 onions, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 4-6 green chilies, sliced in half
- Wash the soaked dal. Boil the dal in water with salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Wash the korolla and slice it into small pieces. Boil the pieces just slightly in water. Filter out the boiled water. Wash the bitter gourd slices. This will reduce the bitterness of the gourds. However, if you want to keep the strong bitterness of the gourd, you can avoid boiling the korolla.
- Heat a pan with oil. Fry the sliced onions with ginger and garlic paste. Also sprinkle the red chili, cumin, coriander and rest of the turmeric powders. Stir and add salt. Add 1 tablespoon of water and stir. Cook until the water dries up and the oil starts to float on top.
- Add the sliced korolla. Stir and fry for a bit.
- Add the boiled boot dal. Stir and cook until the water released from the korolla and dal dries up and oil starts to simmer on top.
- Garnish with green chilies.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!