1 / 1 Photo by:
- A medium bunch of Pudina (about 200gms)
- 15-20 pieces of Cashews
- 1 medium onion, cut into small
- 1 medium tomato, cut small
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds, 1 small piece of Ginger, 4-5 green chilies
- 2 tbsp of Oil, 2-3 tbsp of Ghee or Butter
- Last but not least 2 cups of Basmati rice (you can use any other type of rice, I just think Basmati rice smells so good & it gives a richer taste)
- A pinch of Asefoetida, 1 tsp of Turmeric & 1 tsp of Coriander Powder
- Before cooking the rice, wash it & soak it in water for 15-20 mins. Put it in pressure cooker for cooking & take 2 whistles. Once it's done, fluff it with a fork to seperate each grain. Let it cool for a while
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Fry all the Cashews until they are golden brown. Keep aside.
- Throw in the onion in the same oil. Add a pinch of salt to speeden up the process. Fry for 7-8 mins. Add cut tomatoes in it.
- Meanwhile, make a fine paste of ginger, cumin & chilies. To it, add the Pudina leaves & again beat it in Mixer to a fine paste. Add water if needed.
- Add a pinch of Turmeric & Asefoetida to the onions & tomatoes. Add some coriander powder & salt to taste. Then add the Pudina paste.
- Fry for 3-4 mins & add the cooked rice in it. Fry carefully so that rice grains won't break, mix it well. Cook it for about 4-5 mins.
- Add the fried cashews to it & switch of the stove.
- Tastes pretty good with Vegetable or Boondi raita
Tastes better with more onions but that is individual choice. Pudina gives a very unique color to the dish. Sure, you're gonna love it.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!