1 / 1 Photo by: nadira_begum
- 1/2 cup of soybean oil
- 1 cup of onion slices
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 4-5 pieces of cloves
- 4-5 pieces of cardamoms
- 4-5 pieces of cinnamon sticks
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of onion paste
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder
- water as needed
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 4-5 green chilies
- Heat a pan with the soybean oil and fry the onion slices until they turn slightly brown.
- Add the bay leaves, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon sticks and stir.
- Add the chicken pieces and sprinkle the salt. Stir again.
- Now add the ginger, garlic and onion pastes, coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chili and garam masala powders.
- Pour in 1 cup of water and stir. Put the lid on and cook for 10 minutes until the water dries up and the oil starts to simmer on top.
- Take the lid out and add 2 more cups of water and stir again.
- Cook with lid on for 10-15 minutes until water dries up and oil starts to simmer on top to form a thick gravy. The chicken meat should become tender by now.
- Now pour in the tomato sauce and stir well. Cook on low heat for 5-7 more minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar and green chilies right before the dish is served.
- Serve with pulao, fried rice or plain rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!