Red lentil or moshur daal
This is a common everyday dish. The dal is not thick, but rather slightly fluid. Serve with rice.
1 person made this
1 cup of of red lentil or mosur dal
water as needed
salt as needed
3 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons of onion slices
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
3-4 dried red chilies
- Soak 1 cup dal with water. Drain the water after it fluffs up and then wash.
- Add the dal to a cooking pot. Add water so that the water rises 4 fingers higher than the height of the dal.
- Add salt, garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of onions slices and turmeric powder.
- Stir well and allow the mixture to boil. Use a beater to stir it well to make the dal more viscous.
- Take it off the stove and set aside.
- Take another pan, and sauté 2 tablespoons of the onion slices until they turn brown.
- Put the dal mixtue on the stove again on low heat. Pour the onions with the oil over the dal very slowly.
- Sprinkle dried red chilies. Stir a few times.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11