Lau diye Shukna boroi (Bottle gourd and dried jujube curry)
This is a seasonal curry that is widely made when jujubes start arriving in the market. It is spicy and sour, and the dried jujubes are very succulent and juicy. Serve with plain white rice.
1 person made this
1 lau ( bottol gourd)
1 cup of shukna boroi ( dried jujube)
1 cup of soybean oil
1 tablespoon of onion paste
1 tablespoon of ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
salt as needed
1 teaspoon of coriander paste
1/2 cup of masoor dal ( red lentil), soaked for 30 minutes
1/2 cup of water
4-5 green chilies
2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves
- Peel the skin of the bottle gourd. Cut it into thin slices.
- Wash the boroi and set aside.
- Heat a saucepan with oil. Add the ginger and onion pastes, turmeric and red chili powders, salt and coriander paste. Cook until the water released dries up and the oil starts to simmer on top.
- Add the dal and stir well. Pour in 1/2 cup of water and cook until the dal has been half boiled.
- Now add the bottle gourd slices and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat with lid on.
- Add the boroi and mix. Cook on low heat with the lid on for another 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with green chilies and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168