1 / 1 Photo by: nadira_begum
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 kg milk
- 1 cup of rice powder
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Pinch of salt
- Water as needed
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1/2 cup of soybean oil
- Heat the milk with sugar and stir regularly so that a thick kheer forms. Kheer will be ready when the milk becomes so thick that it turns into a rich cream.
- In a bowl, mix the rice powder, flour, pinch of salt and 1-1-.5 cups of water. The mixture will be not too thick of thin.
- Heat a frying pan. Sprinkle a bit of oil and ghee and spread the flour mixture in spirals to make a full circle. It will look like a tortilla. Allow the mixture to fry and swell. Slide the tortilla shaped patishapta pitha from side to side and then reverses the side for even frying.
- Place the pitha on a plate. Fill it in with 1-2 tablespoons of the kheer. Roll the pitha. It is ready.
- Repeat again to make more pithas. However, clean the pan with tissue and then sprinkle a bit of oil and ghee before frying a new pitha.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!