Fulkopir Korma (Cauliflower Korma)
This is a creamy, milky and slightly sweet dish of cauliflowers. It tastes best when eaten with pulao or biryani.
7 people made this
2 cauliflowers, diced
2 tablespoons of soybean oil and ghee ( together)
2 tablespoons of onion paste
1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon of cumin paste
1 teaspoon of postadana paste ( poppyseed)
1 teaspoon of raisin paste
2 cups of tok doi (Greek or unsweetened yoghurt)
1 tablespoon of sugar
salt as needed
5 green chilies
1 cup of chingri stock or shrimp stock
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder
1 tablespoon of golden and crispy onion slices or peyaj beresta
- Steam the cauliflowers. Set aside the steamed cauliflowers.
- Heat a pan with oil and ghee. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, cumin, postadana and raisin pastes. Cook until the water released dries up to form a thick gravy, with oil floating on top.
- Add the yoghurt, sugar, salt, green chilies and cauliflower. Stir and cook until the water released dries to form a thick gravy, with oil floating on top.
- Pour the shrimp stock and sprinkle the black pepper powder. Stir and cook with lid on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fried onion slices
- Serve with pulao or fried rice.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168