1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1/4 teaspoon of jaffran
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 2 cups of pulao rice
- water as needed
- 2.5 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons of ghee
- 1/2 cup of grated pineapples
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 1/2 cup of ash gourd morobba
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of cashew nuts
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Soak the jaffran in rose water. Set aside.
- Wash the rice and allow the water to drain out for 20 minutes while heating 4 cups of water.
- Add the rice to the boiling water. Drain out the excess water as soon as the rice becomes boiled.
- Mix sugar with 1/2 cup of water. Add in lemon juice and mix to make syrup.
- Heat a saucepan with ghee. Add the grated pineapples, cinnamon sticks and cardamoms. Fry and add the boiled rice and sugar syrup. Stir.
- Add the raisins, ash gourd morabba, walnuts and cashew nuts. Stir and continue to fry until the wateriness goes away.
- Add jaffron soaked rose water. Stir and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!